Sunday, November 8, 2009

Ohmygosh!






This stroller is so awesome I'm thinking of adopting--or, on second thought, perhaps just pushing Shelby around the neighborhood! Some friends and I are doing a baby shower for a single-mom-to-be with hardly anything. So we decided to get some big items on Craigslist to make the money go farther. I found this incredible stroller--Graco Metro Lite--with carseat for only $50, and it includes two bases! For all you out of touch folks, bases stay in the car and you just snap the car seat into the base! Wahlah! PLUS the car seat snaps into the stroller as well--I tell you there is no end to the wonders of this set. True, you may need a degree in engineering to remember all the clever stuff the combo does, but it would be worth it to get the degree!

I've become quite an expert on strollers by the way. I decided the big ones are just too heavy, some are 35 pounds or more. So when I found this Metro Lite I was very entranced. The people who owned it had two girls use it and it still looks brand new! Had I known two kids had been through it, I wouldn't even have called on it because I want new-looking, if not new stuff for Lerissa. I have been having a great time picking out a portable crib, clothing and various other baby stuff. I even made a designer sheet to go on the portable crib. (It's hard to find anything but white in portable crib sheets.) It's chocolate brown and turquoise. Plus I found a Carter's diaper bag of the same colors. Fun fun!

I started to think, wow! when my kids have kids I'll just go crazy. Then I realized, uh, probably not. They won't let me pick out the colors and stuff, and certainly not on Craigslist! But now I'm having a ton of fun. Lerissa can't say yea or nay about anything, and if she hates it and throws it out, I won't even know! Perfect.

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha Sybil. Go for it! I have been reintroduced to the baby world with the advent of grandchildren. They have no idea how pampered they are (the parents that is!) And it does take a degree in engineering to figure out how to fasten a baby in the car seat etc. Have fun. This is the perfect situation because when you get grandchildren (except for the first) you can't just buy willy nilly because you have to equal it our. It squashes the instinct to lavish the world upon your grandchild.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! (It sounds like you are enjoying this opportunity to the fullest!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of adopting??

    Ah. Strolling the dog; better.

    ReplyDelete