Friday, November 13, 2009

Jeppsen art gene




I got an email from Uncle Scott, as in Scott and Joyce or Joyce and Scott. He sent me some pics that Spencer had drawn. They are quite amazing, so I wanted to pass them along. It is nice to see that the Jeppsen art gene is in good use in so many of the grandchildren and great grandchildren.

Apparently Spence is also a Dylan Thomas fan; Scott had noticed the quote from "Fern Hill" that is on the bottom of all my emails. Great minds think alike.

The drawings are of Dylan Thomas, J.R. Tolkien, and I believe the 3rd is of a famous actor or statesman--I can't quite place him. But obviously with such distinguished good looks he is quite famous.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! The Jeppsen Art Genes really are alive and well. What amazing drawings. What rich visual reading they afford. Nice going, Spencer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow and WOW! Those are INCREDIBLE! I am so proud of our amazing fam. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, again. Those are amazing! I had no idea Spencer was an artist. I love those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - amazing. If this gets back to Spencer in some way - you have a beautiful way of using light in your portraiture. I remember the drawing you did of Pres. Kimball when you were about 13. I'm so happy to know you are still at it.

    Lloya

    ReplyDelete
  5. ! Those are beautiful! Great job Spencer!

    ReplyDelete