Saturday, February 6, 2010

A birthday






For my b-day we went to the Orangery, named for Marie Antionette's greenhouse at Versailles--a very pricey French restaurant. (Well, yes we had been given a gift certificate, but even with that it was pricey. The tip was as much as the price for a similar outing at a nice restaurant.) We tried to act decorously, but Stephen kept breaking into an English accent--I don't think he does French--still, it seemed appropriate. The food was fabulous! The lady on the Steinway played Happy Birthday for me. It wasn't too embarrassing. Afterwards, by previous decree, Stephen and Russ accompanied me to JC Pennys Big and Tall section to browse over the 80% off clothes. That was fun (and more my style, sigh)!

I got a new purse for my birthday. It is a bit too young-looking with rhinestone bling on it, but it had all the features I wanted, and who wants an old lady purse anyway? So I got it. But when I got it home and took out the stuffing, the purse lost its shape and collapsed. I brooded about that and finally made a cardboard form, unpicked the purple silk lining and stuffed the form in. So clever! :)

We skyped with Mary, and Eliz called in-- we all gave Stephen advice about his new romance. He obviously needs it. He told us that the girl of interest had told him she didn't like Valentine's Day--as if couples needed an excuse to be romantic! Stephen thought that meant he shouldn't do anything on Valentines. We all laughed him to scorn, and he seemed very confused and distraught. Thank God I wasn't born a man. His romance might be over before I get this posted. :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! I hope the food was wonderful! I think your purse is fabulous, just like you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy B-Day!...so...someone mentioned romance???

    ReplyDelete