Friday, February 12, 2010

Already have everything?


For Christmas this year I got a goat and a share in a water buffalo--everybody has one you know. They were some of my favorite presents! Heifer.org sends out a gift catalog and you choose what to give someone: a bunny, a goat, a cow, a share in a water buffalo, etc. A certificate is sent for the giftee, and the actual animals are given to families around the world to help them become self-reliant. It's a really wonderful concept. And while I don't have everything I want, I have pretty much everything most of my gift-giving family and friends can afford to give me. So unless they have a few hundred thousand to donate to my wildest dreams fund, I figure It's better to get a gift that can really make a difference for someone. Mary wrapped up the goat certificate with a little stuffed goat she found along with a very sweet note. What a great present. Check it out at heifer.org. (Once you get there, click on the Gift Catalog.)

1 comment:

  1. A good friend of mine has been doing this for a few years now! Usually it's a cow, but this year she bought shares in a llama! Micro-lending is the coolest concept!

    ReplyDelete