Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Mary Track Champion


Mary got 1st place in the heptathlon at the 2013 Ivy League Outdoor Heptagonal Championship,





and

1st place in the high jump,

and





received the women's Outstanding Field Athlete award,

and





broke the Harvard outdoor heptathlon school record,

and





pr'd in six of her seven heptathlon events. What a day!
 

I will write a bit more about this wonderful two-day track meet at Princeton and post some pictures. But first I have to figure out how to get my cell phone pics off my phone and onto my computer.

I prayed that Mary would take first in the Heptathlon and High Jump, and I'm not a prayin kindagirl. Because it's lame to pray that your daughter win and all that. But what can I say, I did it. Obviously prayers do get answered. ;)

It was a fierce battle; both the Heptathlon and the High Jump could have gone either way--1st or 2nd place. Mary had been training like crazy and was in perfect condition (well a minor foot issue). You should have seen her kill the 800! She hates that run, but she never lagged, and so beat her rival from Princeton.

1 comment:

  1. That's my praying woman.

    It was indeed an exhilarating and wonderful track meet!! The perfect, capstone meet for our dear impressive Mary.

    ReplyDelete