Thursday, July 7, 2011

June is/was daily month!






My day lilies looked stupendous this year, despite the hail storm and despite the spring week of 90 degree temperatures, when I forgot to water! Of course we have had buckets and buckets of rain the past few weeks, so I really can't take much credit. Except for the fact that I go outside and visit them every morning and tell them how fabulous they look. Plus, I tell everyone in the house how beautiful they are and let them come out with me for the daily tour. I'm sure that has made a difference. (These pics look good, but other days were even better.)

Elizabeth and Aaron and friend Mera, and I all went to the Oakes daylily festival again this year. We all had $20 Groupons worth $40! Fun Fun.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sybil,

    Those really are some great-looking day lilies you got there! And I also like that shot of the nice trim walkway to your front door, with the white rhododendron bush at the side. Also: way to go on the thrifty use of Groupons. Where do you get those things?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daylilies are beeeutifull! Also love pictures of pathways, very inspiring... Hope you're having fun 'out west', wish I were there...

    ReplyDelete