Saturday, December 11, 2010

Garage Sale





We had to get rid of stuff so that we could regain the use of some rooms and our attic. Soooo I bravely read a few chapters of Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui, and then Russ and I ruthlessly pulled boxes out of the attic and from the corners of the bonus room. (True, Russ had a little more ruth and I had less.)

Then we had a spur of the moment garage sale on December 3rd & 4th and made about $200. After the sale, Russ took six boxes of leftover books to Mckays (the huge used bookstore) and we got about $75 worth of Mckays cash! Then we took two more van loads of stuff to Goodwill and one van load of stuff to the Burundian refugees.

I did pretty well, all in all; only sneaking a few items back into the house. All told we probably got rid of half of what we should have and a third of what we could have. But something is better than nothing, and our attic is now usable as is our bonus room. Next year we'll work on that other half.

"Do you own your stuff or does it own you? - Karen Kingston

2 comments:

  1. hooray for you!!! That sounds like quite a lot of work. I hope you do something fun with the extra cash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Syb,

    Congratulations!! I am so proud of you. I am trying to do the same thing and you've spurred me on. Just think of all the practice you've had in Mantua.

    ReplyDelete