Saturday, November 6, 2010

Bad Day at Black Rock




I have put tape over the lines between my brows for probably the last 15 years, 98% of the days every year. Two weeks ago the skin between my eyes started getting sensitive to the tape gum--I suppose. I stopped wearing the tape for a week, it cleared up, and I resumed the taping. But the sensitivity resumed as well. Alas and alack. I need Botox!

I made bread for Mary's care package, but since we were out of the whole wheat kernels to grind for the flour, I stopped at Earth Fare to buy a few pounds. I decided on a lark to buy "soft" white wheat. Mistake. Soft wheat does not hold its shape! For the second batch of bread I used some left over flour from past (years?) that I had kept in a tupperware and forgotten about. But the flour must have been stale, because there is a slight bitter taste to the bread! This bread making endeavor took me the whole afternoon. Sigh

My nose won't stop running, even though I am NOT sick, and I have taken several pills.

Of course I did get a garage-sale coup the other day--a two inch, queen size, memory foam mattress topper with mattress cover, basically new, for just $40. :) Very comfy!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Reb for your string of unfortunate occurrences. Must have started with the scary trick or treaters knocking at your door. (The tall dude looks suspiciously familiar! Hmmmmmm.)

    ReplyDelete