Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Still alive!


I have kept this beautiful poinsettia alive for a month! Usually, two days after I buy a Christmas Poinsettia, it begins to drop its leaves--bing! bing! bing! (That's about three a day for the first week, then four a day, and then there are none.) By the time Christmas rolls around it is at best an "artsy" creation. This year I googled Poinsettia care, determined to make it live till Christmas--of course I have done that other years. But this year, whether it was my superior care-taking i.e., following the directions exactly, a better beginning product, or magic, my poinsettia still looks fabulous!!! Here is what I did: waited till the top of the soil was bone dry, then carried it to the sink and ran water through it for about 30 seconds. I have not used any plant food. Who knows, perhaps you too can have a beautiful holiday poinsettia! (I took the picture today January 12, 2010 and bought the plant about two weeks before Christmas.)

1 comment: